Want to travel more but worried about the expensive flight tickets! If yes then check out Frontier Airlines Deals for money-saving flight tickets and innovative travel solutions for one of your favorite destinations.
Here are some interesting facts about Yosemite National Park:
- Yosemite National Park is located on the west of Sierra Nevada, Central California. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site designated in 1984 and managed by the National park Service.
- This national park is encompassed by Sierra National Forest on the southeast and by Stanislaus National Forest on the northwest.
- The park stretches for 748,436 acres and is internationally recognized for its striking granite cliffs, clear streams, scenic glaciers, giant sequoia trees, interesting flora, and fauna.
- More than 4million people visit this national park making it one of the most visited parks in the world. It is also one of the best places to enjoy endless outdoor activities ranging from hiking, mountaineering, boating, kayaking, camping, and animal watching.
- The park protects the habitats of more than 160 rare plants and is home to 5 major vegetation zones. The vegetation of this park is typical of granite rock that dates back to 10 million years ago.
- The park got its name Yosemite from the Indian tribe that lived in the Valley. Initially, it was called Ahwahnee by the indigenous people.
- The earliest human settlement around this region was reported as early as 3000 years ago and the native dwellers were called Ahwahnechee whose staple diet consisted of plants, salmon, and deer.
- The Yosemite Museum was founded in 1926 through the consistent efforts of –Ansel Franklin Hall. Today the museum features traditional crafts practiced by the Native Americans.
For complete flight booking assistance, making advance reservations and other travel solutions you can speak to one of our customer support or visit the Frontier Airlines Official Website today.